Egg season is coming up and the chickens will soon be laying overtime.
A dear friend of ours sent us this message awhile back and I wanted to share it with you all: “I’ve accidentally created a delicious quiche! Thought I’d share!” – Laura.
Thank you Laura, I look forward to enjoying this in the coming months.
Nix Pork Quiche
1 lb ground pork
1/2 TBSP butter
1/2 yellow onion
1 tsp sage
1 TBSP brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
Havarti cheese slices
1 cup milk
Salt and pepper
1. Sauté onions about 10 minutes in butter.
2. Add pork, sage, brown sugar, and salt and pepper.
3. Put pie crust in pie pan, and put the sausage onion mixture on the bottom.
4. Top with havarti cheese.
5. Mix together eggs, milk, and a dash of salt and pepper in a bowl and pour over the cheese and sausage.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes or until golden brown on top.